So simple yet Extremely effective, this DIY face mask was the best recommendation I received from Dr. Barbara Sturm, a German aesthetics doctor, widely renowned for her anti-inflammatory philosophy and her non-surgical anti-aging skin treatments.
Basically, all you need is three simple ingredients:
- Aloe Vera – has medicinal and healing properties, contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamin A and C, it is highly soothing, hydrating and anti-inflammatory.
- Cocoa powder – flavanols found in raw cocoa powder decrease the harmful UV rays to skin while enhancing elasticity, hydration and help with fine lines and wrinkles.
- Honey – has antibacterial properties, opens up skin pores and cleans them, hydrates skin, reduces wrinkles and anti-aging.
You can use fresh Aloe Vera directly from the plant, or you can buy it in gel form. If you are using fresh Aloe Vera, cut it close to the stem, trim the prickly edges with a knife and using your fingers, separate the gel from the leaf. Blend the Aloe Vera in the blender to get it to a liquid-like consistency. Add pure cocoa powder and good quality honey. I recommend Manuka honey, but if that’s not available, use any high-quality honey in your kitchen.
Use a brush to apply the mixture all over your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
VOILA… your skin will transform in 10 minutes, trust me!
- Hydrate and remove shine with this Banana Mask
- 1 fully ripe Banana – Bananas are packed with amazing ingredients including vitamin A that helps fade dark spots and blemishes, vitamin B to reduce dryness, vitamin E to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and potassium to moisturize and hydrate.
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tsp Fresh orange juice
Mix and allow on clean face for 20 minutes, you will get in instant results!
- Instant Oatmeal Exfoliating Mask
- 2 TBSP Oatmeal – it contains avenanthramides, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe itchy, dry, and irritated skin.
- 2 TBSP apple puree
- 1 TBSP honey
- Rose water
Mix ingredients and apply to clean skin for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Revitalizing Avocado Mask
- ¼ ripe mashed Avocado – In addition to vitamin E, avocado contains potassium, lecithin that nourish and moisturize the skin and helps form new skin.
- 1 TSP yogurt
- 1 TSP honey
Mix ingredients until you get a good consistency and apply to your skin. This mask is highly recommended in winter and dry weather.
- Raw Milk Acne Fighting Face Mask
- 1TBSP Raw Milk – rich in B-Vitamins, alpha hydroxy acids, calcium and potent antioxidants, it nourishes skin cells from deep within and keeps skin moisturized all day.
- Pinch of Turmeric
- ½ TSP Lemon
Mix ingredients apply to clean face. Leave for 15 minutes and rise with warm water
- Yogurt and Strawberry Face Mask
- 1TSP yogurt – contains bacteria – the good kind, helps in the anti-aging process, and helps with chronic conditions such as acne, rosacea, and even eczema.
- 2 mashed strawberries
- 1 TSP honey
Mix together and apply a thick layer on face. Let mixture dry on your face for 15 minutes then rise with warm water.
- Minimizing Enlarged Pores Face Mask
- Egg white – has clever astringent properties which will tighten the skin and make enlarged pores much less obvious.
- 1TBSP Honey
- A little squeeze of lemon
Mix together and apply all over your face, just don’t get it in your mouth! Leave for 10 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Reduce Pigmentation Face Mask
- Nutmeg – Besides its amazing medicinal and anti-bacterial properties, the most amazing property of nutmeg is its ability to even out skin discoloration and pigmentation on the face.
- 1 TBSP yogurt
- Squeeze of lemon
Mix ingredients together and apply a thick layer on face. Leave for 6-8 minutes and rise with cold water. Apply 3-5 times a week to see results.
- Cleansing toner Face Mask
- Coconut Milk – has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin. It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
Mix together and apply to face everyday
- Skin Lightening Face Mask
- 1 TBSP Pineapple puree – besides having vitamin C and beta carotene, it contains a fruit enzyme that removes dead cells and brightens skin
- 2-3 TSP of cooked Rice
- 2 TSP coconut oil
Apply a thick layer all over cleansed face, leave for 15 minutes then rise with water.